Dr. Otaigbe is a Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) certified Aviation Medical Examiner (AME). In the United States, there are three classes of medical certifications for pilots; such certificates are required to legally exercise the privileges of a Pilot exercising the privileges of either a Private, Commercial or Airline Transport Pilot license. Medical Certificates are not needed for Glider, Balloon, Recreational or Sport Pilot certifications.
1st Class $250 | 2nd Class $200 | 3rd Class $150 | BasicMed $150
Dr. Otaigbe is a Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) certified Aviation Medical Examiner (AME).
How to Get Started:
- Visit the FAA website or click here to complete Form 8500-8 items 1 – 20.
- Print exam summary and confirmation page and bring to your appointment.
- Call and schedule your appointment.
What to bring to your appointment:
- Printed exam summary and confirmation number from the FAA website.
- A valid, government issued picture ID (driver’s license or passport).
- All Medical records and health documentation.
- Glasses, contact lenses, or hearing aids, if required.
What to expect:
- FAA requirements vary by age and class so your visit may take 1-2 hours.
- Be prepared for a thorough examination of your current health status as well as your past medical history.