Supporting Local Business
Pre-Employment Drug Tests & Physicals
Southern Medical Care works with local businesses to help and support their employees. The pre-employment exam includes checking a candidate's vital signs, weight, temperature, pulse, and blood pressure. It may also include specific tests such as drug and alcohol testing, physical ability and stamina testing, and psychological testing.
Pre-Employment Physicals/Drug Testing
As employers, we understand the importance and investment attached to bringing new employees to the workplace.
Southern Medical provides clinical services, as well as prevention programs, to assist you in creating and maintaining a healthy and safe workplace. All of our examinations can be modified to suit your specific needs so whether you are looking to evaluate fitness and ability of a new employee or determine if an employee can return to work, we can provide you the answers you need.
The staff at Southern Medical Care is trained and certified to complete federal, state, and local drug and alcohol testing testing and our facilities are in full compliance of all regulations. We are also equipped with FormFox to process electronic requests.
I-Cup Urine Drug Screens
- Instant results
- If the I-Cup reader is unable to verify a negative result, the specimen is sent to the lab and confirmed results are available within 24 to 48 hours. Sending a specimen to the lab does not imply a positive result.
- Positive results are reviewed by our own Medical Review Officer. This review process takes legitimate explanations into account when evaluating a positive result.
- Our testing process screens for three adulterants:
- Nitrate (to ensure that no foreign substances are present)
- Creatin (to ensure that specimen has not been diluted)
- PH (to ensure that the specimen is actually urine)
Breath Alcohol Testing
Southern Medical Care offers breath alcohol testing (BAT), performed by certified breath alcohol technicians using the Alco-Sensor RBT IV intoximeter with instant results.
Southern Medical Care offers the following types of drug screening tests:
- Reasonable suspicion
Our testing process is designed to minimize human interpretation of results. This process reduces an employer’s potential liability by eliminating false positives.
All non-negative results are verified by lab confirmation and Medical Officer.
While the drug-screening technology offered by Southern Medical Care gives rapid results, we do NOT utilize so-called “quick” tests (also known as “instant check” or “dip” tests). Because they do not include an adulteration panel, these methods make it possible for a donor to manipulate results by diluting a specimen.